Sunday, October 4, 2015

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall (OctPoWriMo Day 4)




Mirror, Mirror on the Wall

Mirror, mirror on the wall
Why do these wrinkles come to call?

Throw to me some magic beans
That reverse time, give youthful sheen.

Or let me rub Aladdin’s lamp
To wipe off crow’s feet, time’s tell-tale stamp.

Perhaps the Fairy Godmother
Could wave them off like none other.

Or King Midas with his golden touch
Could fill them in with shimmer dust.

Call Jack to take his famous cloak
Swoosh them invisible with one stroke.

But note in fairy tales long told
There’s no discrimation between young and old
Age matters not in being bold
Or finding life’s worth in more than gold
Obsessions only turn hearts cold
So why obsess with growing old?

Mirror, mirror on the wall
I’ll keep these wrinkles, I’ll keep them all.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, wonderful poem!
    I'll keep them all too!
    I have never been more happy or free since I turned 40. Old? Who's old? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent message. I love this line: "Age matters not in being bold"

    ReplyDelete
  3. its been long since i saw a post that's so educative and informational. i will make sure to share this my facebook group. you can also view contents on our websites below.

    French Bulldog Puppies For Sale

    French Bulldog Breeders

     French Bulldog Puppies For Sale Near Me

    French Bulldog Puppies For adoption

    French Bulldog Puppies


    Blue French Bulldog Puppies

    ReplyDelete